Many people agree that Mexican food is delicious, but do you know that it also has health benefits? This is not to say that all Mexican food is healthy, but if you look out for certain ingredients, you can improve your health while enjoying delicious food.
Essential vitamins and minerals can be found in tomatoes, lettuce, and other vegetables that are commonly found in Mexican food.
Protein is important because it improves energy level and keeps muscles and tissue healthy. Most Mexican meals include some sort of meat, whether it’s beef, chicken, pork, or fish.
Let's get cookin'.
- Calories: 406kcal
- Fat: 5.1g
- Carbs: 46.8g
- Protein: 37.6g
*Recipe makes four servings.
There are no complicated, exotic ingredients here. Raid your cupboards, or add these items to your next shopping list:
- 250g raw chicken breast
- half a red onion
- half a yellow pepper
- a can of green lentils (drained)
- a can of chopped tomatoes
- a whole can of mixed beans in chilli sauce
- a vegetable stock cube
- a packet of microwave Mexican rice
- lettuce, yogurt and Tabasco (optional)
Clear and simple, here are the five steps to turn your raw ingredients into a incredibly tasty high-protein meal:
- Slice the chicken, half a red onion, half a yellow pepper and half a red pepper and fry in a wok.
- Once chicken is cooked add a whole can of green lentils (drained), a whole can of chopped tomatoes and a whole can of mixed beans in chilli sauce.
- Add a vegetable stock cube and mix for 2 mins so that it melts in.
- Add a packet of microwave Mexican rice and let it simmer for 5 mins.
- You can add some lettuce, yogurt and I Tabasco for extra spicy!
Who said mexican food was unhealthy?
Recipe from our Brand Ambassador Nicola. happybody22