Protein provides energy and supports your mood and cognitive function. It’s a vital nutrient required for building, maintaining, and repairing tissues, cells, and organs throughout the body.
As well as being imperative to feeling healthy and energetic, protein is also important to the way you look. Eating high-quality protein can help you maintain healthy skin, nails, and hair, build muscle, and maintain lean body mass while dieting.
Kebabs are a high-protein meal, healthier than fast food because they are not deep-fried and include bread and salad.
Let's get cookin'.
- Calories: 420kcal
- Fat: 5.1g
- Carbs: 42.9g
- Protein: 49.2g
*Recipe makes one serving.
There are no complicated, exotic ingredients here. Raid your cupboards, or add these items to your next shopping list:
- 160g raw chicken breast
- one pitta
- a few salad leaves
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup raw onion slices
- 1tps harissa seasoning
- the juice of half a lemon
- a squeeze of honey
- squirt of lighter than light mayo
- chopped chives (optional)
Clear and simple, here are the five steps to turn your raw ingredients into a incredibly tasty high-protein meal:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix together 1tsp harissa seasoning, the juice of half a lemon and a squeeze of honey and then add chopped chicken breast. Let it marinate in the fridge for half an hour.
- Skewer the chicken pieces and bake at 180 degrees for 25 mins.
- Toast a pitta, add salad leaves, chopped tomato, chopped cucumber and raw onion slices.
- When the chicken is cooked, slide it off the skewer on top of the salad and add a squirt of lighter than light mayo. You can add chopped chives too but they are optional.
Who said a kebab was unhealthy?
Recipe from our Brand Ambassador Nicola. happybody22