Chilli Con Carne
Chilli Con Carne is a favourite amongst nutritionists. It’s an easy healthy homemade one-pot meal that can be food prepared and stored in the fridge, or even freeze for months. No last-minute take-away, no rush when you get home in the evening, no stress, no mess, no excuses!
Just some of the health and body benefits of this Chili include:
- The protein power of lean beef mince and Kidney Beans.
- Lycopene, a carotenoid found in tomatoes that has been linked to a lower risk of strokes and various cancers.
- The healthy dose of vitamin C from green peppers.
- The anti-inflammatory, blood-pressure lowering, blood-clot reducing effects of Garlic.
- Metabolism boosting capsaicin found in the chili powder.
Let's get cookin'.
- Calories: 539kcal
- Fat: 18.6g
- Carbs: 67.1g
- Protein: 22.8g
*Recipe makes four servings.
There are no complicated, exotic ingredients here. Raid your cupboards, or add these items to your next shopping list:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400g red kidney beans (strained)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 100g red lentils
- 250g beef mince
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 a packet of rice (per person)
Clear and simple, here are the five steps to turn your raw ingredients into a incredibly tasty high-protein meal:
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add chopped onion and beef mince into pan and cook until light brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper
- Allow all the mixture to simmer for 30 minutes
- Once all cooked through serve with rice
Time to make: 30 minutes minimum, but if you give it some love and some extra simmering time it’ll taste even yummier (20 minutes to 1-hour).
Recipe from our Brand Ambassador Chelsea. chelseameadd chelseamfitness